Construction/Building — June 14, 2012Black Diamond Group Enters Partnership With Beaver Lake Cree Nation
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - June 14, 2012) - Black Diamond Group Limited ("Black Diamond" or the "Company") (TSX:BDI), a leading provider of remote lodging, modular building and energy services in North America announced today that it has entered into an exclusive partnership agreement with the Beaver Lake Cree Nation (BLCN) near Lac La Biche, AB called Black Diamond Nehiyawak.
The partnership will address oilsands activity and other resource developments in the BLCN territory in northeastern Alberta.
"In the spirit of working together, Black Diamond's partnership with the Beaver Lake Cree Nation will provide the foundation for many long-term, successful projects," said Trevor Haynes, President and Chief Executive Officer, Black Diamond Group. "Together we intend to create business and employment opportunities that will have mutually beneficial impact for Black Diamond Group, the Beaver Lake Cree community and its people and to resource producers in the region."
Since 2009, Black Diamond Group Limited has been committed to working collaboratively and effectively with Aboriginal partners in the regions they conduct business. This is the third exclusive Aboriginal partnership Black Diamond has entered into, designed to provide sustainable, long-term benefit to the Aboriginal communities.
"This is a new step and a big step for Beaver Lake Cree Nation," said Chief Henry Gladue. "We are extremely excited about the potential for Black Diamond Nehiyawak."
About Black Diamond
Founded in 2003, Black Diamond Group Limited is one of North America's fastest growing remote lodging, modular building and energy services companies. With its corporate head office located in Calgary, Black Diamond provides world-class services to a full spectrum of industries including oil and gas, mining, power, construction, engineering, military, government and education.
Through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Black Diamond Limited Partnership, BOXX Modular Inc. and through its 50% equity participation in the Black Diamond Dene Limited Partnership and Black Diamond West Moberly Limited Partnership, Black Diamond operates four complementary divisions in thirteen strategic locations across Canada and the USA.
Black Diamond Camps rents and sells remote workforce housing and provides associated services; Black Diamond Logistics provides turnkey lodging services, remote facility management and supply chain solutions; BOXX Modular specializes in renting and selling a broad range of modular work space solutions and Black Diamond Energy Services rents and sells a complement of oilfield equipment and services.
Certain information in this news release contains forward-looking statements including. The use of the words "anticipate", "continue", "estimate, "expect", "will", "project", "should", "believe", "intend" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements. Black Diamond and the BLCN believe the expectations reflected in those forward-looking statements are reasonable but cannot give any assurance these expectations will prove to be correct.
Black Diamond Group Inc.
President and Chief Executive Officer
(403) 264-9281 (FAX)
Black Diamond Group Inc.
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
(403) 264-9281 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project