Government of Canada/Public Works — February 16, 2012Government of Canada Renews Financial Support for Montreal en lumiere
MONTRÉAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Feb. 16, 2012) - The Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities and Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec, and the Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, announce that the Government of Canada is renewing its financial support for Montréal en lumière again this year.
"The Government of Canada is proud to lend its support to the organizers of Montréal en lumière," stated Minister Lebel, "a unique festival whose fame has spread far beyond Montreal."
"Our Government received a strong mandate from Canadians to invest in major cultural events, such as Montréal en lumière," said Minister Moore. "By supporting these activities, our Government is delivering on its commitment to increase economic vitality and support arts, culture, and heritage."
The total financial assistance of $1,110,000 announced today takes the form of two non-repayable contributions.
Of this sum, $990,000 is provided by Canada Economic Development under its Community Diversification program. This financial assistance will be used both to promote Montréal en lumière on foreign markets in 2012 and 2013 and to make the Quartier des spectacles the hub of the festival's outdoor activities. This new environment will lead to renewal of the festival itself and will help contribute to raising festival-goers' interest.
Also of this sum, $120,000 has been provided by Canadian Heritage to support the staging in 2012 of artistic activities as part of the Arts and Shows component of the festival, including indoor shows, outdoor performances, public activities and Nuit Blanche à Montréal. This funding comes from the Canada Arts Presentation Fund, which gives Canadians increased access to the variety and richness of Canada's culture through professional arts festivals, presentations of live professional performances, and other artistic experiences.
To learn more about Montréal en lumière: www.montrealenlumiere.com
Keep up with the latest news from Canada Economic Development by visiting www.dec-ced.gc.ca or subscribing to @CanEconDev on Twitter.
This press release is also available on the Internet at www.canadianheritage.gc.ca under Newsroom.
Canada Economic Development
Director, Regional Communications
Region of Quebec
Office of the Honourable Denis Lebel
Canada Economic Development
Office of the Minister
of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
Latest Industry Press Releases
New Women's Centre Officially Opens in Labrador (2013-05-24)
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$290,000,000 North York ON Prebid
$105,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Prebid
$75,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project