February 17, 2010
Construction continues on Legacy at Heron’s Hill condo project in North York, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Construction is moving along on the Legacy at Heron’s Hill condominium project in North York, Ont. Owner/developer Monarch Corp. has completion for the 25-storey, 254-unit project — which includes a five-storey podium with 88 units — scheduled for late 2010.
The work also includes a fitness centre, pool, saunas, billiards room, guest suites, retail on the ground floor and five levels of underground parking.
The project was designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc.
Consultants are: Stephenson Engineering (structural) and MV Shore Associates (1993) Ltd.
Subtrades include: B. Gottardo Construction Ltd. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Salit Steel Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Global Precast; Dufferin Concrete; Primo Mechanical; Mayfair Electric Ltd.; State Windows Corp.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$47,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$34,000,000 East Gwillimbury ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)